Support Worker/Carer Mid Cornwall
As a Taylors of Grampound support worker you will play a vital role in the lives of our clients, giving them the choice to stay in the comfort of their own homes.
We are looking for support staff who are caring and compassionate to provide alternative weekly care and support on a rolling rota basis.
We support adults of all ages and with many varying medical conditions. If you’re passionate about helping people in your community on a one-to-one basis, we’d like to hear from you. We’re looking for naturally compassionate people to assist adults of all ages who need some additional help at home.
As a support worker for Taylors, you will drop-in on several clients each day, providing help around the home and with each of their individual care and support needs.
Your responsibilities may involve:
· Personal routines –help with getting in and out bed, washing, bathing, dressing and, when necessary, help going to the toilet.
· Overseeing medication –with appropriate training first and all based on the client’s personal support plan.
· Preparing food and drinks –help with tasks and chores around the home, such as vacuuming or preparing meals.
· Running errands –many of our clients require support getting out and about, so you’ll assist with tasks such as shopping or picking up prescriptions.
· Companionship –provide company for your clients, treating them with dignity, patience and compassion at all times.
What we look for
Our ideal applicant is organised, compassionate, grounded, positive, professional and dependable. Ideally, we are looking for experienced carers but we do give full initial and ongoing training for those seeking a career change.
We provide all the training you need, the chance to shadow a staff member before you start and ongoing support every step of the way. The essential requirements for the role are:
•A compassionate nature and good communication skills
•The passion to really make a difference to someone’s life
•The right to work in the UK
•Excellent level of English, both spoken and written
•Pass the enhanced Basic Disclosure checks by the Criminal Records Bureau
It takes a special type of person to make a great carer. You’ll have excellent interpersonal and communication skills for a start. Being chatty helps. Being a good listener is a necessity. If you meet all the following requirements and are independent, fit, healthy and keen to learn, then you maybe a Helping Hands kind of person.
You must have:
· Full and valid UK driving licence
· Access to a car
· Right to work in the UK
· Excellent level of English
· Basic Disclosure (D.B.S) check – paid for and organised by us
Fantastic benefits and support every step of the way
We are known for rewarding our staff generously. With a great pay and benefits package, fantastic training and fabulous reputation in the South West, it’s no wonder people from different walks of life are joining our team every day.
We pay our support staff above the market rate for the first-class support they provide to each of our clients. Joining our team means you will receive a whole host of other benefits too, plus full training before you start.
Salary & Benefits
We reward our staff for the difference they’re making to the lives of our clients each day. Without you, life at home would not be possible for our clients. You will be directly employed as a daily support worker receiving excellent pay and paid holidays. You will love the diversity of the role. We pay our staff generously and provide plenty of benefits, including:
- Full-time, flexible work patterns
- Competitive salary
- Paid holidays of up to 28 days a year, 2.33 days for every 30 you work
- Ongoing support from your manager, and on call.
- Regular structured hours (contracted hours available)
- Regular clients
- Minimum travel between calls
- Minimum or no gaps between calls
- Guaranteed pay for call cancellations
- Five weeks paid holiday
- Petrol Expenses of £0.30ppm
- Tunic provided
- Refer a friend scheme.
One of the many advantages of becoming a daily support worker for Taylors is the flexible working hours. By having an agreed “availability” we know when you are working, and so do you on a fortnightly rolling rota basis. Our support staff love how they can commit to regular work that fits around their other commitments.
Many of our clients require help at different times of day – mornings, afternoons, nights or weekends. Because of this, you can request to work at certain times, and even choose between full-time or part-time work.
Training and support every step of the way
We are a family-run and family-owned business with over 20 years’ experience of supporting adults of all ages within their own homes.
As a support worker working for Taylors of Grampound, you’ll be put through our 3-day induction training course – one of the most recognised training programmes in Cornwall. Together with your passion to care for someone, the course gives you all the practical skills and knowledge you need to become a compassionate and confident support worker.
Because you will be at the very heart of our business, you are expected to be reliable, dependable and committed to make a difference.
Apply online today to join our team as a Daily Support Worker.
Please quote the position you wish to apply for and the code.apply for position
£9.30 to £9.87
The job expires:
June 1, 2021