Live-in Support Worker
Job Summary – Live-in Support Worker
Discover more about the job description of a live-in carer, the flexible lifestyle it provides and how it’s often referred to as one of the most rewarding jobs around.
We are looking for a team of Live-in support staff who are caring and compassionate to provide alternative weekly care and support on a rolling rota basis.
As alive-in support worker, you’ll provide personal care, help with household chores and getting out and about. Above all else, you’ll provide companionship and emotional support – even just a chat over a cup of tea and sharing moments watching their favourite TV show – while you’re living with them.
We support adults of all ages and with many varying medical conditions. Just as each of our client’s and their circumstances are unique, so too are each of the live-in care & support placements and what you’ll be required to do.
The live-in support worker job description
As alive-in support worker, you may be involved with:
· Companionship– sharing conversation and spending time together
· Personal care – assisting with bathing, dressing and, when necessary, continence support
· Helping with mobility – some customers need assistance getting around the home
· Overseeing medication – all according to the customer’s care plan
· Household chores – help around the home, such as vacuuming or washing clothes
· Preparing and cooking meals
· Running errands – assisting with tasks such as shopping or picking up prescriptions
· Other medical support – extra training is provided for more complex support needs before you’re expected to carry out this support.
What do we look for?
Experience of live-in support is valuable, but it’s not essential. We provide all the training you need, the chance to shadow a carer before you start and ongoing support every step of the way.
The essential requirements for the role are:
•A compassionate nature and good communication skills
•The passion to really make a difference to someone’s life
•The right to work in the UK
•Excellent level of English, both spoken and written
•Pass the enhanced Basic Disclosure checks by the Criminal Records Bureau
How long do live-in placements last?
Live-in support placements are flexible and built around the needs of each of our Clients. Most of them last for a period of weeks (between 1 to 4 weeks) followed by a period of leave (between 1 to 4 weeks) before returning to your placement.
What is Matching?
We put so much thought into matching each of our clients with the right support staff. We look at your personality and character and your experience. Experience is a big determining factor when making that match. Certain care packages and conditions require more experience than others, so we always put this into consideration. Some of our support staff prefer to be placed in towns and cities, others prefer the quiet, calm countryside. We try to accommodate everyone’s preference, but we do ask for some flexibility.
Salary & Benefits
We reward our staff for the difference they’re making to the lives of our clients each day. Without you, life at home would not be possible for our clients.
You will be directly employed as alive-in support worker receiving excellent pay and paid holidays. You will love the flexibility of the role, allowing you to travel or spend time with family and friends between your live-in placements.
We pay our staff generously and provide plenty of benefits, including:
- Full-time, flexible work patterns
- Competitive salary ranging from £650 to £1120 per week
- Paid holidays of up to 28 days a year, 2.33 days for every 30 you work
- Placements in beautiful Cornwall. Surrounded by stunning county side and beaches.
- Free accommodation and food while you’re on each placement
- Ongoing support from your manager, and through our 24-hour helpline.
Training and support every step of the way
We area family-run and family-owned business with over 20 years’ experience of supporting adults of all ages within their own homes.
As a support worker working for Taylors of Grampound, you’ll be put through our 3-day induction training course – one of the most recognised training programmes in Cornwall.Together with your passion to care for someone, the course gives you all the practical skills and knowledge you need to become a compassionate and confident support worker.
Because you will be at the very heart of our business, you are expected to be reliable, dependable and committed to make a difference.
Apply online today to join our team as a Live-in Supporter.